Sermon for April 29th, 2018
We have arrived at the end of The Story. We spent 32 weeks looking at the story of God throughout the pages of the scriptures. It has been a good journey and even though we are on the last chapter it doesn’t mean the journey is over. I pray that this has given you a deeper appreciation for God’s Word and you’ll want to dive into it daily.
God gives John a vision of the thrown-room. Jesus is there in all of his glory. The book of Revelation is multi-colored painting that comes to you in HD. Don’t try to press every detail and dissect every image. Don’t miss the rainbow of this book by counting the raindrops. We love the book of Revelation because it gives us a picture of what we are waiting for. We have come full circle…What began in the first pages of the Bible is accomplished in the last pages of the Bible.
- Genesis tells us God created the heavens and the earth, Revelation describes a new heaven and a new earth.
- In Chapter 1 of the Bible, God made the sun and the stars. In the last chapter of Revelation, the city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it because the glory of God give is light and the lam is its lamp.
- The lost paradise of Genesis is the found paradise of Revelation.
- Satan appears in the first garden, but he is banished from the eternal garden.
- The tree we couldn’t touch in the Garden of Eden we’re invited to eat from in the garden of heaven.
- In Genesis, man hides from God, but in Revelation, God dwells with man.
Listen to the message today and be challenged by God’s Word.